So... is this an arvensis?

MushroomToller

If the color of the gills goes through a decidedly pink stage, then they are not a species of section Arvenses. Looks like these gills are kinda grayish. Horse Mushrooms --ie. species of Agaricus section Arvenses including A. arvensis and A. crocodilinus-- have thick partial veils that form what Mushroom Expert describes as "skirtlike ring that features a cogwheel underside." The one mushroom seen here features what appears to be rather persistent ring, but maybe not exactly fitting the ME description. Maybe have a look at a few more of these and get more photos. 

Agaricus is a large and tricky genus that includes species that are excellent edibles as well as some that are toxic. Also, Agaricus mushrooms found growing on lawns known to have been treated with chemical herbicides or subjected to other contaminants should not be eaten. 

Not sure I've heard of Agaricus mushrooms smelling like licorice. But, interpreting/describing an odor can be a rather subjective thing. The mushrooms of Agaricus section Arvenses usually have an odor that people describe as almondy. 

There are a few different NA species of Agraicus section Arvenses (Horse Mushrooms), two of the common ones being A. arvesis and A. croccodilinus. My understanding is that either of these species can develop scales on the caps. The main difference between these two species is spore size (the latter has larger spores). Neither species has gills that are truly pink at any stage (maybe briefly light brown).