Help with identifying please, possible Favolus tenuiculus :)

Shannyn Scott

Hello all I am just starting out on my fungi journey and need guidance. Was walking my pup this morning in the wooded park and spotted these lovey guys. It was raining so the picture of the stump where they were growing is not good unfortunately. I live in south Florida and am working on learning to identify trees as well so I can know what the mushrooms are growing on. Unfortunately I have no idea what kind of fallen/dead tree is in the picture. Thank you so very kindly for any and all information. Hope you are having a fabulous day :)  Shannyn Scott

36E18882-D215-48EA-A8E1-DF60E3DA4B97.jpeg

CD1F4022-C04C-4124-8CE2-39036191AD9A.jpeg

CDE2AB37-CA9D-44BF-84BE-C06EC39E744C.jpeg

1A2B509C-4BC4-4EB1-B812-C691CF61714A.jpeg

E276E012-B8D6-47EA-80DC-34235F64F46D.jpeg

9 hours ago, Dave W said:

I don't know the species Favolus teniculus; probably a subtropical species that does not occur up here in PA. Interesting find. Online photos of F. teniculus look like a good match for the ones seen in these photos. 

Thank you so much for the reply :) I sure hope they were because I ended up preparing them and eating them. Still alive and feeling fine today.