Backyard mushrooms NE Florida

Hound_man

These have been popping up in my backyard. The yard is just grass and dirt. It’s summer so heavy rainfall. It rains pretty much every afternoon. I have a dog who poops in the yard, but we usually get those picked up daily and I have not noticed these mushrooms growing out of the poop or anything like that. 

So, what are these? Are they a danger to my toddler or dog if ingested? Are they hallucinogenic? Or are they basically harmless?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

B181B1D1-7A61-4076-A4AB-3E8AEFD8FF11.jpeg

9601CFA5-0279-4F9F-972D-73E4E117F9CE.jpeg

98F821BA-5A95-4BE5-8C99-52D745F5D33B.jpeg

The photos show some of the stalks bent/angled, suggesting that the stalks are not very resilient. This would be unusual for M. oreades, which has tough/pliant stalk. Also, the caps are too dark for M. oreades. I don't know the species for the mushrooms shown... maybe a species of Marasmiellus? Any unidentified wild mushroom that shows up in an area frequented by a toddler or a pet should be cleared out of that area. 

5 hours ago, Dave W said:

The photos show some of the stalks bent/angled, suggesting that the stalks are not very resilient. This would be unusual for M. oreades, which has tough/pliant stalk. Also, the caps are too dark for M. oreades. I don't know the species for the mushrooms shown... maybe a species of Marasmiellus? Any unidentified wild mushroom that shows up in an area frequented by a toddler or a pet should be cleared out of that area. 

Thanks. We remove them when as soon as we see them.