Looks like pizza

Thuja

Ah,there are just tree roots under the ground it's feeding on, if that's what you're worried about. None of my finds were growing directly from the tree. They were off in the grass a few feet from the tree growing off of the underground root system.

Cool picture, would you make tea from the G. curtsii, seeing as poisonous O. illudens are growing nearby?

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

Ah,there are just tree roots under the ground it's feeding on, if that's what you're worried about.

More like contamination & probably lead soil off high-traffic neighborhood sidewalk. If I find in clean area I'll harvest.

1 hour ago, Thuja said:

Cool picture, would you make tea from the G. curtsii, seeing as poisonous O. illudens are growing nearby?

More like contamination & probably lead soil off high-traffic neighborhood sidewalk. If I find in clean area I'll harvest.

Oh, ok, my bad for assuming 😄

Awesome pic Dave!!!

I would not use a mushroom collected from an urban roadside (as was the case with the one pictured). Same with chemically maintained lawns like golf courses. I don't think being close to the Jacks is a problem. But if I were to use the Ganoderma seen in the photo I'd still trim away parts making contact with the Omphalotus fruit bodies. Something like a Destroying Angel amanita would scare me more than Omphalotus.