Entoloma abortivum?

Cheli

This is very strange just wanted throw this out there. I'm novice at my knowledge however very curious and excited to learn. If anyone has any ideas to take into consideration I'd appreciate it. Thank you 😊

20210704_142528.jpg

20210704_142521.jpg

20210704_142513.jpg

Or maybe amanita mold...

These photos are really interesting. It’s almost like a slime mold got a hold of some type of mushroom. I’ve seen specimens here in central Florida that look similar.

Hope to find out what this could be, but I’m assuming microscopy is needed to be certain. Maybe not. I’ve attached a photo I found of a mold taking over a fruit (appears to be at the beginning stage in comparison to what you have found). 

Cheers my fellow novice! 

9D2D318A-4172-4928-A77E-A53B1DCE93E8.jpeg

"Amanita mold" is essentially the correct id. This is Hypomyces hyalinus (not a mold, just a parasitic fungus) infecting Amanita.

Lsala24, yours is Hypomyces chrysospermus infecting a bolete. 

Both from the same genus that makes lobster mushrooms - Hypomyces lactiflorum. 

The only way I know to differentiate Hypomyces is by the host. I could tell that Lsala25 was posting H. chysospermus because that mushroom looks like a bolete. 

Thanks Jeff! I will look into these types of fungi. I see them a lot here in Florida.