ID: cute brown top, white gills, shaggy stalk, veil...

Aelios K.

Oh maybe they're undersized Stropharia rugosoannulata.

They first showed up on the other side of the yard last autumn, and then a smaller crop in the same spot in the spring.  But I had been trying to spread them to other areas by spore or transplanting root stalks.  Perhaps these new small ones are the first fruitings from a new root mass.

Some of the original late spring ones had paler colored caps too.

I found another open one and will try to get sporeprint...

Ha!  I just went to the northside of my yard (where large winecaps appeared last fall) and found one small winecap and it matches the cap color of the new tiny ones.

The old patch had one more to give, and I probably would have missed it if I hadn't been over there looking for those small yellow buttons just now.

Thanks Dave ;)

Interesting proposal, Limacella. I have never seen a mushroom representing any species of this genus. But, my understanding is that most of these type mushrooms are slimy. But, I also believe there are a few exceptions to this "rule". Gills attached t the stalk...? This is not all that unusual for mushrooms representing species housed in genera comprising the Amanitaceae. 

I'm sticking with Stropharia as a likely ID. But, as michele says, if the spores are white then Stropharia is out and we need another idea. 

New ones (some densely clustered) popped up yesterday some feet from previous.

(I'm assuming these are same kind, maybe wrong...)

Surprise as not expecting anything new during this dry heat wave.

Spore print included in pic below: fine brown color

In mixed wood chips, under maple tree.

Various sizes medium to small.

Gill-color starts off White, then becomes medium-Brown.

notwine4.jpg.2a4fd6e50aecd807b0a6881ccd8874db.jpgnotwine3.JPG.b096040c0fb725e6722b1567785810a0.JPGnotwine2.JPG.2c59cbc8abdd9bf88c5a56b00812aa72.JPGnotwine1.JPG.9e52b0681fb4d481bda06edf8a225ae9.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...