A few photos to share.

The fist is lactarius indigo that I came across unexpectedly. There never seems to be rhyme or reason in finding these, at least not for me.

post-677-0-08749600-1407240695_thumb.jpg

post-677-0-00443900-1407240726_thumb.jpg

The next is possibly Phylloporus rhodoxanthus. I'm not positive on this one as everything is either waterlogged or past prime and I can't seem to get a spore print.

post-677-0-37928700-1407241390_thumb.jpg

post-677-0-19580000-1407241443_thumb.jpg

The last I'm not sure about. Scales on cap seem to have been removed by rain. Stipe bruising reddish, growing under pine.

post-677-0-68757700-1407241855_thumb.jpg

post-677-0-94938600-1407241892_thumb.jpg

post-677-0-52171200-1407241927_thumb.jpg

post-677-0-91682900-1407241977_thumb.jpg

Coastwx, I have not tried the indigo milky yet. The one in the above photo seemed a little old, so I did not try. I will hopefully be branching out into eating different varieties soon because the chanterelles seem to have come to the end of their fruiting locally. It seems like the heavy rains have inspired several species to use up their resources in large fruitings. I hope your mushroom hunting is going well. I've still yet to find any black trumpets. maybe they won't show up this year.

John, the gills on the 3rd/4th pics looked a little orangish to me. Phylloporus gills tend more toward greenish yellow. But color doesn't always come through perfectly in a photo. Your spore print color fits Phylloporus. I don't know any other gilled mushroom with greenish spore print, except for the Green-spored Parasol, which this is not.

The amanita looks like one of the North American blushing types, grouped under the heading Amanita amerirubescns.

I just attended a lecture by NA Amanita expert Rod Tulloss. One of the main topics was the cluster of blushing species. A few DNA species have been identified, and some are reported to contain toxins that are destroyed by cooking. Although blushing amanitas are eaten by some people, this sort of information seems discouraging to me. I have eaten Blushers in the past, only a couple times... maybe about 25 years ago. Once I found the flavor good and another time I thought it to be a bit disagreeable.

Also, years ago I tried Amanita amerifulva, and thought it to be pretty good. But there are lots of undescribed grisettes (species from section Vaginatae), so confusion with these types is possible. I do not know of any poisonous species from section Vaginatae.

The only amanita that I currently eat is Amanita banningiana, a yellow-orangish Caesar that is somewhat common in my local oak woods.

The NEMF foray in Maine ended a week ago. That was the first leg of our 12 day vacation. Since then, we have camped near Acadia National Park, and new we're staying with friends in the Green Mountains of Vermont.

The foray was really good. Most of Maine has been receiving frequent rainfall all summer long. Lots of species were collected, and I got the opportunity to help out with the IDs. The event was well-attended and the programs were informative and entertaining.

My wife and I collected some good edibles while camping. Here's a few pics showing our one campsite meal. The mixed mushroom saute included 7 species... Yellow Chanterelles, Flame Colored Chanterelles, Bluing Gyroporus, Bay Bolete, Chrome-footed Bolete, Leccinum snellii, and Leccinum aurantiacum. The steaks are strip-loin. Corn on the cob not shown.

post-20-0-04074300-1408281012_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-33020500-1408281039_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-49326400-1408281067_thumb.jpg

The rain luckily held off for our Maine camping. But it's been fairly soggy up here in Vt. Lots of Chanterelles out in the woods.

Nice dave!!!! The pan of plenty that keeps on giving. Some lovely strip, baked potato, and corn on the cob. This is what it means to be alive!

Dave, the chrome-footed. I have spotted this in the past, but never in a quantity or worth harvesting and generally found too late. Do you know if this guy prefers slightly cooler temps? We've been pretty steady between 55-75 for a few weeks now. Found two patches recently plus a nice amount of solo growers.....they've been looking nice too.....BRIGHT pink caps. Personally......I found this mushroom's taste to be fairly average, but it's still one I would harvest if the numbers were there. It's a good, solid, life sustaining food item.

You are making me drool Dave! Arcadia National Park sounds like a nice area to do some foraging. I have been to Maine but I have never been to Vermont. It is the only New England state that I have not set foot in. Well, good luck with the rest of your vacation. We will see you when you return.