Horse Mushroom Edibility Period?

Not the best pictures I've ever taken, but that is besides the point. I'm quite sure I've identified this species as a horse mushroom. It began with its gills at a pale pink and has become a chocolate brown color, is it still edible at this point?

IMG_0129.thumb.JPG.783f49063d56ce201e3cdabd26fd9152.JPGIMG_0130.thumb.JPG.c28a24858510b330fb74c26345d3f508.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

Mushrooms representing species grouped into section Arvenses of genus Agaricus (Horse Mushrooms) typically have gills that begin as a pale grayish color (with maybe a hint of pinkishness) and then turn brown, eventually very dark brown (almost black). Also Horse Mushrooms tend to form a persistent ring on the stalk that features a "cogwheel" pattern. The mushroom seen here does have a ring on the stalk, but I don't see the cogwheel pattern. This may be because the mushroom is well past maturity and the ring is somewhat eroded. The cap appears to be rather thick-fleshed. This, and the cracked cap surface do support the Horse Mushroom proposal. But, if the young gills were a vivid pink (as opposed to pale/grayish) then I'd say it's more likely this mushroom represents a species in the Agaricus campestris group (Meadow Mushroom). Horse Mushrooms usually have a pleasant almondy fragrance that may become a bit musty when post-mature. Seeing a younger specimen would be helpful. 

Both Horse Mushrooms and Meadow Mushrooms are edible. IMO they are best in the button stage, before the gills turn dark. With Horse Mushrooms the pale young gills can be problematic because this lends itself to confusion with some species of Amanita that are toxic. Also, Agaricus mushrooms found growing in areas where contamination is possible --industrial areas, busy roadsides, lawns treated with herbicides, golf courses-- should not be consumed. Agaricus mushrooms are known to uptake chemicals present in their surroundings. 

Also, there are toxic species of Agaricus. With most of the toxic types two traits are likely; a disagreeable chemical/phenol odor and/or black scales on the cap surface often more prominent on the disc. Yellow staining is also associated with some of the toxic types, especially on the base of the stalk. Horse Mushrooms sometimes stain yellow, mainly on the cap surface and not as prominently as the toxic types. There are many species of Agaricus in NA and distribution is sometimes correlated regionally. I am nnot first-hand familiar with the Agaricus species of FL.