Welcome Everyone!

ladyflyfsh

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job Mary. I have sent a notification of where this forum lives to everyone on my email list and to some folks who havent posted in quite a while. The folks on my list made up about 80% of the activity on the old forum so if everyone shows up we will be pretty close to where we were before quite quickly. Might be a good plan to set aside a space for people to ask how do we do that now or who want to test uploading pics in an out of the way place. That space could be scrapped in a couple of weeks but it might help smooth the transition. And yes bring on the darned rain it has been dry here!

Hi there....

Thanks Mary or taking this on....

I am busy picking Channies right now... But in the spirit of keeping all things Mushroom going, I thought I would quickly register. I am sure this sight will "Mushroom"(pun intended).

Just an observation, I have never seen so many large stemmed channies. All the shrooms that we have found in the past week have huge meats stocks. If it weren't for the colour I would say they were all white Channies.

There is no sign of any other shrooms except for channies... No Pines, no Lobsters, no boletus.... Also have not seen any alatropa (sp). That is usually showing buy August.... very strange....

BTW.... I am talking of the west coast area of B C.

There....... Intro, observation, and what I'm up to all in one post....

I may not be back for awhile.... to post but I will keep an eye on what is shackin' here...

This is great, so happy to see all your faces here. Go rain! Welcome everyone. Please go tell all your fungal friends.

I want to hear suggestions if you have any. I'm still tweaking things and I'm new to this so bear with me. I'm working on the photo size and resizing issue but right now you can post photos. I haven't figured out if you can do more than one photo per post using the choose file button though. If you go through an outside site like photobucket, then you can post several per post but this way, I'm not sure yet. Thanks for signing up! :lol:

Would going to the premium package help? I would like to make a donation to do that. I don't really know much about web sites but I was just looking at what they offered and it seems that we would want more gigs for our pictures. That has always been my favorite part of our sites, that I can post a picture directly to the site and not have to search around photo bucket etc. I am on a couple of yahoo sites and I can never find the pictures they are talking about. I would love to see Mary keep control and move forward but I think it would be a good idea to send some support. What do you think? Add a donation link?

Would going to the premium package help? I would like to make a donation to do that. I don't really know much about web sites but I was just looking at what they offered and it seems that we would want more gigs for our pictures. That has always been my favorite part of our sites, that I can post a picture directly to the site and not have to search around photo bucket etc. I am on a couple of yahoo sites and I can never find the pictures they are talking about. I would love to see Mary keep control and move forward but I think it would be a good idea to send some support. What do you think? Add a donation link?

I think for those of us who were used to the old board, we will not like the limitations of this free board. There definitely seems to be an issue with photos and sizes and more than one per page even though in the controls I am allowing several photos per post. I will look into what the cost would be to move to full power on a paid board and see if it is feasible. Other sites will make you go to an outside site like photobucket to post photos and that is the nicest thing about this software so I'd like to stick with these guys if possible.

ok everyone, we are going to a full service paid board in a few days so hang in there. It will ultimately be just like the old board. I will be posting somewhere a link to make donations if anyone is so inlined through paypal to keep things up and running. I will put the funds into a holding account like I do with my clients and it will only be spent for this board for the url which is going to be www.wildmushroomhunting.org (I already registered this, this morning) once I get it all connected to the new board and for the hosting package for what we need to make things as close to the way it was. If anyone wants to make a donation, you can do it with paypal and send it to my paypal account email address which is ladyflyfsh at g mail dot com. As soon as I can, I will set up a paypal account for wild mushrooms.

Thanks everyone for your continued support. It is much appreciated!

Mary

Hello everyone. I'm glad to have this forum back in business, in any form. After mushroomhunting.org was shut down, I did some searching for other online forums; and nothing else came close to providing the interesting discussions that this group generates. Thanks Mary for setting up the forum and thanks Dufferin for telling me about it. I've changed my handle from V in VanBC to the one I use in a few other forums.

Hello to everyone from western Pa. Have been very busy since the old forum shut down. Have started a chapter of the Western Pa Mushroom Club here and am also moderating a forum that I found after the shutdown. Heading tomorrow for a foray with the Central Pa Mushroom Club. Glad to see some familiar faces? LOL, on the board. It's hen of the woods time here, time to stock up for winter.