Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'russula'.
So my dog MAY have eaten this mushroom. I would just like to know if it's something to worry about. Also, IF it is poisonous, what are the symptoms to look out for, and how long will it take for them to appear? Also, I dont know if it helps to give my geography, but we're in Houston, Texas.
Today I discovered a purple mushroom on a hike in some coniferous debris. After spore prints, microscopy, and much research I discovered this mushroom to be Russula Atroviolecea. This much I know. However, for the life of me, I could not find out if this particular mushroom is edible or not... It's smell and the fact that it is dark purple lead me away from trying it at all, but I can't just let this remain a mystery... Does anybody know whether this species is edible or not? If nobody knows this, does anybody know how I can safely figure out whether it is edible or not? IE - what kind of chem