Aloha, about a month ago I came across a giant red reishi in the forest while I was hiking it's easily 20 in. long across. It's definitely the biggest mushroom I have ever seen. I am curious if this is even a reishi…. a friend of mine is the one who physically took it off the tree. I was feeling very hestitant on taking it because I knew it was very old and I wasn't sure if taking this mushroom was the best idea. Is it sitting in my friends house and I am eager to process it. But wanted some feedback on other whether this mushroom holds any medicinal benefits considering it is way past its prime. I will try to post photos soon.