Diversity......

themess1

Now it's saying the files are too big but they are all around 1mb.

Hello themess1,

Sorry for any confusion. The maximum file size right now is 2MB. You should only see an error message for file size if a filesize is larger than 2MB. I just tried uploading an image that is 1.9MB and it worked. Would you mind uploading the image(s) to dropcanvas.com for me to take a look at? Then just copy and paste the URL for me in a message (or in this post).

themess1, the site is on new servers now. I'm looking into a solution that will take care of the image size issue. I just tried posting a test post to using my phone and I did not see an option for uploading images... that is very surprising that is not an option. There is a newer version of the software that runs this site. I've been waiting to pay for the upgrade because I wanted to get things all settled and running here. Hopefully that is an option in the new version. We'll see in a week or so.

Hopefully, the picture size can be increased to 3, maybe 4MB. I can't seem to get my new phone to take a picture that's less than 3mb.

Yesterday afternoon I was able to change the max file size for uploads. I changed it to 4MB. That is a pretty good sized photo. I think we should be good with 4MB. If you still have trouble, please let me know.

I load all my mushroom pictures on Facebook first instead of inspirational posters then resave them and they can be uploaded here. Then they are smaller on my phone and take less storage. I use an actual camera for photos if I want high quality. I wouldn't know how to dumb quality on the phone without a program.

For those of you who are using an iPhone like me, there's a good free program called Photo Investigator that shows the size of a photo so you can check if it's below 4MB before uploading.

you can resize photos on iphone with another free program called Photo Resizer Free.

For Android phone users, there is Photo Exif Editor (free) to view size of the photos, and Photo & Picture Resizer (also free) to resize.

Hope this helps.